Can a problem record be created and linked to an incident after the incident transitions to "Closed"

Marlon Wilson September 15, 2017

I work in a Service Desk setting and have seperate workflows for Incidents, Problems, Changes, etc..

I would like to be able to transition from an Incident that has been "closed" to an "open" Problem record where further work is required.

Is this possible?

1 answer

0 votes
volkan ciftci
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2017

Hi Marlon;

You can reopen the record and change request type adding an automation in project setting when customer adding a comment related record. (select "re-open on customer comment" when you click add rule)

If part: : add status(resolved and closed) and request type(incident) using advanced part in issue matches

Then part:  add "reopen issue" in transition issue and add action  "edit request type" and select request type(problem)

Image 2.jpg

PS. this steps will not able to be opened as new record. it is just reopened issue with changed request type

I am not sure if there must be reopens transtion in your workflow or not.

If it is not work, you can add your workflow a reopen transition

Br,

Suggest an answer