Can a non-issue to be added to a Structure?

MichaelK April 28, 2014

As I'm organizing my project within the Structure plugin, I would like to catagorize the tasks.

For example, I would like to group the issues by: Networking, Email, Databases, Phones, etc and I may want to have another structure which groups them by assignee or department head.

I can create tasks/epics to represent them, but since they have no meaning outside of the Structure, they would create confusion.

Is there a way to add labels to the structure which do not map to an issue?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Leitch [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2014

Hi Michael,

Here's how we do just that at ALM Works - http://almworks.com/blog/2014-04-meta-issues-structure.html

TLDR: We call these containing issues 'meta-issues' and create them in a special 'meta' project that isn't ever used for any actionable issues, thus avoiding any confusion.

Hope that helps!

Robert

MichaelK April 28, 2014

Thanks. That's a reasonable workaround. Glad to hear in the post that there are plans to build this in to a future version.

0 votes
MichaelK April 28, 2014

Thanks. That's a reasonable workaround. Glad to hear in the post that there are plans to build this in to a future version.

Suggest an answer