Can a comment on a closed issue trigger a status change?

Deleted user December 5, 2019

Hi all,

We have had a situation wherein a service desk customer has commented on a closed bug to say the issue has re-occurred, but nobody noticed that he left that comment - the volume of emails we get from Jira render them basically useless. I intend to overhaul the notifications in time but I could do with a for-now fix to make sure we don't miss these kinds of comments in the interim.

Is there a way for a comment on a closed issue to trigger a status change?

Alternatively, can you suggest a different way to handle this situation?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2019

I believe there's a preset automation rule for reopening an issue from a closed status.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/available-preset-automation-rules/

You may need to edit the specifics/details of the rule to cate to your status names, but the preset rule should at least get you started.

The only downside to this is tickets can get reopened that don't actually need additional attention - for example, the customer user might just say, "Thanks!" on a closed bug, but the ticket is completely re-opened. Probably not a big deal, but wanted to at least point that out.

Deleted user December 5, 2019

Perfect, thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events