Can a Service desk agent invite other user as agent?

Rashmi Belur May 8, 2017

I am new to service desk, using server 3.3 and trying to setup my permission scheme so that only Admins can add agents.

As per version 2.5 document only Admins can add agents

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedesk025/jira-service-desk-permissions-754977472.html

Can some one clarify is that same in 3.3?

Is there a way to make only Admins can add agents not project leads and agents?

thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2017

Here is the pertinent documentation for JIRA Service Desk 3.3:

Permissions overview

Adding service desk agents

"Project administrators can add agents with existing user accounts to their project."

There are different levels of Admins so I linked you the two most relevant docs.

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2017

Hi Rashmi,

I am not entirely clear what your question really is. To make someone an agent, that person needs to be granted Application Access to JIRA Service Desk. That is a function only available to JIRA (System) Administrators, mostly done by adding the person the the service-desk-users group in user management. So that is something that can definitely not be done by a Project lead or agent. And not even by a Project Administrator.

What a Project Administrator of a Service Desk project can do, is assign users to a role in his project. When your project is using the default Service Desk permission scheme and the Project Administrator adds a person to the Service Desk Team role in the project, this user will become an agent of the project if he belongs to the service-desk-users group.

Suggest an answer