Can a ScriptRunner script time out?

Kyle Moseley _blueridge_cx_ September 21, 2014

I've seen an issue transition time out before. But how does JIRA handle a ScriptRunner post script that's taking a long time? Will it execute to a point then kill it upon timeout? Will it ever transition but not complete the script?

Also, is there a way to postpone timeout on certain scripts?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2014

The transition will happen... you can test this by adding a post-function that just has:

Thread.sleep(60_000)

The UI will timeout though, you get a message like "we don't know the result of the transition". This is not specific to script runner scripts, any post-function that runs too long can do this.

> Also, is there a way to postpone timeout on certain scripts?

Not really sure what you mean, but the easiest way to just return immediately is to create a new thread and do the work there.

Kyle Moseley _blueridge_cx_ September 22, 2014

What do you think about this? I elaborated on the issue here: [my other question|https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/8628883] We're receiving this error message: Error Messages: [It seems that you have tried to perform a workflow operation (Back to Open) that is not valid for the current state of this issue (TESDD-3). The likely cause is that somebody has changed the issue recently, please look at the issue history for details.]

Suggest an answer