Can Zephyr prevent a test from being executed based on its Status?

Sarah Woodhouse August 25, 2014

My organisation is looking at adopting JIRA and I am researching Zephyr for JIRA as a potential Test Management tool. In our current solution, a Test Case cannot be executed until its Status is "Ready", therefore it can't be executed if it is in Draft, Requires Review or Changes Needed statuses.

If workflows are enabled for Tests, does Zephyr provide similar functionality?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
swapnakumarv August 31, 2014

Hello Sarah,

Currently Zephyr for JIRA does not have preventing execution based on status feature with native functionality. Our Product Management team has been made aware of this feature request. They will review the same for consideration. We appreciate your valuable feedback in making Zephyr for JIRA better.

Tests can be a simple or complex issues with a lot of detail, steps, links and files associated with them. Zephyr allows to enable workflow for tests facilitating to close the testcase if they are invalid/covered/done instead of deleting them by changing the status. But the Execution option will be available for all the statuses of the Test, that means once a test has been created the next logical thing to do is to excute it.

Kind Regards,

Swapna Kumar Vemula.

Sarah Woodhouse August 31, 2014

Hi Swapna - thank you for the comprehensive answer. This would be of great benefit if it was implemented, I hope your Product Management team agrees.

Krishnan Iyer January 14, 2015

I would love to see this implemented too

Jasper Knops June 17, 2016

For my client this would be useful because they want to prepare the test before starting the execution. The test have a review workflow.

0 votes
Jitendra February 19, 2015

ditto

Suggest an answer