Can Service Desk report columns be moved without having to re-create the report from scratch?

Kel Hill March 15, 2017

Have created reports in which the order of columns needs to be different. Seems I have to delete a series and then recreate them in the order desired - big time-waster.

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2017

Kel,

where is this report being created specifically. I know that in Confluence if you insert a filtered list then if you want to change the order or add a field 'not at the end' then you do have to remove all and re-add in desired order. Not sure if that is what you are referring to here.

0 votes
Kel Hill March 15, 2017

@Jack Brickey

Thanks for responding.

I am creating reports in Service Desk using the "Add a Series" button, which creates the columns within the report. When we want to move a column, we have delete them and recreate them in the new order. Wishing they could be dragged and dropped into the new order.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2017

Correct, there is no reordering of the data columns w/in JSD Reports. I primarily use JSD Reports for the graphs and only occasionally use for diving into the details so the order hasn't been a big deal. That said it would be nice. There may be a suggestion ticket already open on this so you might look and vote for it.

Suggest an answer