Can Service Desk report columns be moved without having to re-create the report from scratch?

Have created reports in which the order of columns needs to be different. Seems I have to delete a series and then recreate them in the order desired - big time-waster.

2 answers

1 votes
Jack Brickey Community Champion Mar 15, 2017

Kel,

where is this report being created specifically. I know that in Confluence if you insert a filtered list then if you want to change the order or add a field 'not at the end' then you do have to remove all and re-add in desired order. Not sure if that is what you are referring to here.

@Jack Brickey

Thanks for responding.

I am creating reports in Service Desk using the "Add a Series" button, which creates the columns within the report. When we want to move a column, we have delete them and recreate them in the new order. Wishing they could be dragged and dropped into the new order.

Jack Brickey Community Champion Mar 15, 2017

Correct, there is no reordering of the data columns w/in JSD Reports. I primarily use JSD Reports for the graphs and only occasionally use for diving into the details so the order hasn't been a big deal. That said it would be nice. There may be a suggestion ticket already open on this so you might look and vote for it.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,849 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot