Can Script Functions be disable in v3.0.7 of ScriptRunner?

Rick Trudeau December 18, 2014

Hi,

We are in the midst of upgrading our JIRA instance along with upgrading the very awesome ScriptRunner to version 3.0.7.

In our previous version of scriptRunner (2.1.15) Administrators could selectively disable the build-in Script Functions, however, in the new version I can't find a way to explicitely disable some of these built in script functions.

Anyone know if it's still possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2014

You can't atm... that functionality was removed when the GUI was removed. Maybe I can put that functionality back. What do you want to disable?

Rick Trudeau December 19, 2014

Thanks for the response Jamie. I liked the idea of making them administratively disable-able since it provides the most flexibility for an admin. In the past I have had to disable two functions (issueFieldExactMatch and issueFieldMatch) because my users found creative regular expressions that could be used bring down our system. I'd have to dig up the exact queries used, by I remember the system ran into memory problems.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2014

Hi Rick. Fair enough. I did fix the performance issues with those two, either last release or next release.

Well that is good news....because users did love the functionality. :) We'll give it a whirl in our upgraded instance and do some testing. BTW, I've just upgraded my custom JQL functions using your guide for moving to 3.0. It was invaluable and I wanted to thank you for putting that together. Cheers. /rt.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 21, 2014

Thanks Rick... I really didn't want to break compatibility but had no choice. Thanks for that comment anyway.

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2014

Possibly by disabling plugin modules? Not sure though, just guessing.

Thanks Boris. There does seem to be an option to disable the Scripted JQL Function module, but my guess is that it disables all of the functions, not just a select few which is what I'm trying to achieve. Hopefully @Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] can chime in.

Suggest an answer