Can SD pull the reporter's supervisor with AD sync?

We currently have our users synced with AD which is great and working well but is there a way for it to pull the supervisor we have listed in there as well to add them as a participant on our requests as we will need to email them for approval

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

So you actually can do it under the Profile Elements where it pics the LDAP attributes from AD.

Not natively. You will have to code something or find an add-on that will do it for you.

I figured that would be the case. any add-on suggestions?

I have done it using the Scripted Fields.

Hi Mary,

have you tried to use plugin Active Directory Attributes Sync? This plugin get selected users attributes (works also with JIRA Service Desk). There is option to get Manager/Supervisor of user (option reference to user) and populate for example user picker field in post-function. You can also create a ticket in InTENSO customer portal to get help with configuration. Here you can find documentation: https://intenso.atlassian.net/wiki/display/AD/Active%20Directory%20Attributes%20Sync%20Home

I hope I've helped you.

Best Regards

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

225 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you