Can Project Configurator (or Add-Ons in general) be used under commercial license and developer license?

Moritz Thomas March 17, 2014

Greetings,

the company I work for is introducing JIRA and I am assigned to configure the JIRA instance.

I was pleased to read that Atlassian supplies a developer license to its commercial customers and was planning to work with a development JIRA for testing and a production JIRA. Therefore, I am kind of forced to rely on either "Project Configurator" or the more expensive "Configuration Manager for JIRA" in order to exchange settings between those two instances. However, I wonder if purchased Add-Ons will be available under the developer license. Or rather, I think I read, that it depends on the Add-On.

Is that true? And will Project Configurator work? It'd be major drawback, if an Add-On needs to be purchased twice because of that.

I really hope someone at Awnaba reads this.
Would it be better to drop them an E-Mail?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2014

Configuration Manager for JIRA requires paid license only for production systems that use commercial JIRA license. For all development instances of Jira you can use free developer license. I think this is also true for Project Configurator

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2014

I want also to let you know that we offer free demo of Configuration Manager for JIRA in any time comfortable for you, where we can show you the all the valuable features supporing the DEV-STAGING-PRODUCTION scenario like

• System and Project level sync
  • "Restore/refresh" staging from production
  • Configuration DIFF
  • Issue migration
  • Audit logging
  • Configuration integrity check

We'll be very happy to show you the addon and hear feedback from you!

1 vote
José Marañón [Awnaba Software S.L.]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2014
Yes, Project Configurator requires a paid license only for production instances. In development, you can use a development license. AFAIK, this is true for all Paid-via-Atlassian plugins. Thanks for your interest!
Moritz Thomas March 17, 2014

Thank you very much,

I couldn't find an answer. Neither in Atlassian Answers nor by searching the web. Maybe I was blind.. I can't really believe noone ever needed that answer.

Suggest an answer