Can Portfolio be used with JIRA Service Desk, or only with JIRA Software?

Jen Martensen July 21, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Portfolio for JIRA FAQs

Our organization uses JIRA Cloud, and primarily use JIRA Service Desk to manage work for our clients. I'd like to try using Portfolio to manage and get a dashboard view of resource activity across Service Desks. Is that possible? I realize Portfolio is designed to work with JIRA Software, but can it also work with JIRA Service Desk? 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2016

It's an add-on for JIRA, effectively, it's loaded and run as part of JIRA Core.

Service Desk and Software are applications that also run on top of Core.  They're not quite add-ons, but for this purpose you can think of them in the same way.  So, yes, you can run Portfolio alongside Service Desk.  And/Or Software.  Or just on Core.

I don't think Portfolio really makes a lot of use of JSD data though, in the way that it does with Software.  Although you can run Software functions on Service Desk projects if you have both, and maybe get some of it that way!

Jen Martensen July 21, 2016

Excellent - thank you!

Suggest an answer