Can Not Update JIRA

Michael W. Ryder July 31, 2017

I am trying to update our self-hosted JIRA and ran into several problems.  I am running this on Windows 7 Pro and it worked fine until I tried to update it.  First it would accept any directory I tried to use and the documentation all points to Linux which does not help.

I then tried an express install to see if that would work but it kept failing to create a number of files so I skipped them.  Of course now it won;t work at all.

As a final attempt to get this working I tried to uninstall the program both through Windows Control Panel and then with the Uninstall program, both of them do nothing.

Where do I go from here?

2 answers

0 votes
Michael W. Ryder July 31, 2017

I ran the install program as an Administrator and also told the program to run as an Adminstrator.  The only thing I can think of is that it originally installed itself in the "C:\Program Files" directory which may be preventing it from updating.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

> it kept failing to create a number of files so I skipped them

It sounds like you have got the wrong permissions on the installation, so the update can't change all the files it needs to

Suggest an answer