Can Kanban column min/max respect the board sub-filter for counting issues?

Shane Hender January 22, 2018

We have 2 Kanban boards setup for the 1 Jira project (team split). However the counts for our various columns reflect the total number of issues in those states for the whole project instead of respecting the board sub-filter.

If this can't be worked-around, how do I submit a feature request?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2018

I was not able to recreate the scenario you described.  I had an existing kanban board in a Software project and then I created a new kanban board for the same project.  In my testing, the min max column constraints still appear to be independent of each other.

Could you post for us the example board filter and sub filter in use on each board?   Perhaps with this additional information we can better understand this problem and in turn offer any insights.

If this is indeed a lacking of a feature, you can create a new feature request in the JSWSERVER or JSWCLOUD project yourself on the https://jira.atlassian.com/issues/ tracker.   But before you do that, it would help to better understand if this is a limitation of the code or perhaps just a configuration issue we can work-around that way.

Shane Hender January 23, 2018

Thanks for replying. I'll look into setting up the use-case again on another Jira instance as our work one is private.

In the meantime here are some more details:

Board 1 Settings:

• Filter Query
    project = FOO AND (labels is EMPTY OR labels != aaaaa) ORDER BY Rank ASC
  • Kanban board sub-filter
    (fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY) AND (resolutiondate >= "-14d" OR resolutiondate is EMPTY)

Board 2 Settings

• Filter Query
    project = FOO AND (labels is EMPTY OR labels != bbbbb) ORDER BY Rank ASC
  • Kanban board sub-filter
    (fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY) AND (resolutiondate >= "-14d" OR resolutiondate is EMPTY)

Both boards are part of the same project and have swim-lanes organized by Epic.

It looks like I can't create the query below as the `is` keyword is not valid. Does that mean our Jira instance has some extension that allowed that syntax?

project = FOO AND (labels is EMPTY OR labels != aaaaa) ORDER BY Rank ASC

Sorry, ignore previous comment, I had a typo and missed the `AND` keyword

OK, I setup a sample board that illustrates the problem:

Board 1 (https://shender.atlassian.net/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=2&projectKey=FOO) has 1 in-progress story.

If you look at board 2 (https://shender.atlassian.net/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=3&projectKey=FOO) it shows that 1 is in progress, even though nothing (correctly) shows in the in-progress column.

Let me know if you can't access this setup.

Thanks for helping!

And if you try dragging an issue into `in-progress` on Board 2, the max in-progress value is violated.

Suggest an answer