Can Jira Service Desk customer edit/delete their request?

Sajid Rahman June 6, 2017
My JSD customers sometimes need to modify the request they placed through cuatomer portal. Sometime they pace duplicate request,once they realize it they need to delete the duplicate one. Is these functionality available in JSD?

7 answers

4 votes
Steven Lees-Smith April 17, 2019

Hi there,

Is this still a current thing, JSD out of the box a portal customer cannot go back and edit their tickets.

i.e. fix a spelling mistake in a description or put in a return date for a travel ticket due to it not being known when the issue was lodged.

Thanks.

S.

3 votes
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 20, 2019

Hello,

You can edit your requests on the Customer Portal using our app Actions for Jira Service Desk. You should add transition Edit to the workflow and in our configuration define which fields do you want to display and allow to edit.

In case of any questions, feel free to ask me.

Regards,

Kate

Micha May 20, 2019

@Katarzyna  Is there a cloud add-on for this case?

Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 20, 2019

Hi,

Currently, we don't have this feature in any app in our portfolio - in case of cloud. 

I recommend you to send a request via our customer portal. More tickets from clients  will help us to prioritize this feature in our backlog :)

Like # people like this
Jamil Rahimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2019

@Katarzyna 

We have this plugin (Actions for Service Desk) but can you describe (or add some documentation for) how to use this plugin for editing comments on customer portal.

Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
September 26, 2019

Hi @Jamil Rahimov , the documentation for this app you can find here. Unfortunately, using this app you can't modify comments. It allows to edit requests.

ken November 19, 2019

@Katarzyna 

Does this plugin can edit/delete comment in customer portal?

Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
November 20, 2019

@ken no, you can't modify comments on the customer portal

Jan Odvárka February 13, 2020

@Katarzyna Hi,

do you have any eta when should be this function included in extension for JIRA?

Thx

Jan

Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
February 14, 2020

Hi @Jan Odvárka ,

Are you asking about modifying comments? We don't have any plans to implement this feature.

Jan Odvárka February 14, 2020

I am asking about possibility to let customer user edit request via portal.

during approval process or anytime.

maybe this is just my misunderstanding :)

kind regards,

Jan

Charan goud May 6, 2021

Hi,

Can we track the audit log for the field changes value like confluence page history

3 votes
Greg Mora July 3, 2017

Did you find a solution or workaround for editing in the portal? 

My use case is a bit different since we were hoping to have the edit function for Change Management requests. We have 500+ IT users that could potentially submit a CM, but don't need/want to provide a JSD license for them to simply modify the CM for typo or dat changes. Any suggestions on this? 

2 votes
Kate Pawlak [Appsvio]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2021

👋 Hi!

If you want to edit customer requests on the portal, try our app Feature Bundle for Jira Service Management. We support this feature in all versions: cloudserver and data center.

The list of all supported fields you can find in our documentation. We're still working on this feature so if you have any ideas or requirements to support new fields, let us know via the customer portal.

0 votes
DeepakMurugesan June 8, 2020

Hi, Does the plugin Action for Service Desk also allow addition of the Rich Text Editor in the Edit Window ?

fyi - We have installed another plugin which helps to enter the Tickets in Service Desk Portal using a Rich Text Editor.

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2020

Hi @DeepakMurugesan , For my curiosity, what add-on do you use for the Rich Text Editor?  Regards, Marco

Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
August 26, 2020

Hi @DeepakMurugesan,

If you use Rich Text custom field from our app Extension for Jira Service Desk, it should work. 

DeepakMurugesan August 26, 2020

@Marco Brundel we use JEditor Plugin for Rich Text Editor

0 votes
noa harel March 17, 2020

does this plugin (Actions for Service Desk) give the option to edit request in customer portal?

Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
March 17, 2020

Hi,

Yes, you can do it. Here you can find documentation for this use case. But this app is available only for server/data center.

Kate

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2017

No, not really. What you could do as a workaround, is allow the customer to close his/her request though the customer portal.

To allow this, make sure you have a transition to close an issue from any status (global transition to your closed status) and then enable it on the customer portal. As such, your customer can at least already indicate that no further work is required on it.

You can find a bit more info on how to set this up on this page.

Greg Mora July 3, 2017

Did you find a solution or workaround for editing in the portal? 

My use case is a bit different since we were hoping to have the edit function for Change Management requests. We have 500+ IT users that could potentially submit a CM, but don't need/want to provide a JSD license for them to simply modify the CM for typo or dat changes. Any suggestions on this? 

Marc Turner February 9, 2018

This makes NO sense. Our customers need to be able to change the priority after creation. They need to be able to set a due date after creation, they need to be able to set a screen field on transition.

While I understand you want to have as many users paying for JIRA and agent subscriptions, it is ridiculous to restrict the simple ability to edit fields after the issue is created. We waste so much time editing issues via customer comments.

I also see this is common in the Atlassian feedback systems and yet there is never any Atlassian comment or action.

So frustrating that we are going to probably move from the Atlassian service. We have over a hundred staff on Confluence, Jira and Service Desk, yet the nit picking in Service Desk is too much of a headache to outweigh the integration benefits.

Like # people like this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2018

Hi @Marc Turner,

My initial reply to the question was maybe too much focused on the use case where a user realised he had created a duplicate question and wanted to notify support about that issue. For that matter, JSD allows you to enable transitions on the portal out of the box.

True, that option has its limitations. However, when running on Server the Atlassian Marketplace might help you. Actions for Jira Service Desk is an app that lets you add transitions and screens to the customer portal and may and is a feasible solution to the use case you describe.

Like M Amine likes this

Suggest an answer