Can Jira Data Center be installed and utilized in a segregated LAN without Internet connection?

Nick Kulla May 24, 2022

I am doing research for a client that uses Jira software in the enterprise but also have the need for a similar solution to be ran in a private LAN environment without Internet connection. It is a controlled environment that is an air-gapped network without external internet access.

Would the Data Center version of Jira suffice as a solution to this environment and is the install/provisioning possible without Internet access?

Would the plugins and updates necessary for upkeep still be available to take offline as well?

Thanks for any insight or suggestions!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2022

Hello @Nick Kulla ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

It is possible to install and maintain Jira Data Center in a private LAN environment.  You'd have to "sneaker net" a lot of the material such as:

• Installer for initial installation and upgrades (download link here)
  • license key (from https://my.atlassian.com)
  • JAR/OBR files for Marketplace apps (look at the "Download" tab at the Atlassian Marketplace listing)

Hope this helps!

Nick Kulla May 24, 2022

@Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ Thanks that's exactly what I would expect. Was looking for the proof of concept and it can be feasibly done.

Thanks for your input!

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2022

That's exactly how we run our Jira Data Center instance, as do a number of other large enterprise organizations. No access from Jira hosts to the internet, no access from the internet to Jira URLs, DBs or hosts

Suggest an answer