Can Jira Cloud attachements be store in an external source?

Since there is limited space on jira cloud, is there a way or any alternate solution where I can save all my attachments to an external source and link to them to the issues, for eg: storing in sharepoint and then linking to the issues in Jira, or any other possible workaroud?

2 answers

1 votes

Hi Vivek,

The Cloud storage is pretty static and the Cloud team cannot attach extra storage for attachments.  I inquired about a work around and there isn't a way to link external attachments to the hosted JIRA instance.

That does sound like a great feature so I would also recomment you create a Suggestion on JAC so this functinality can be added in the future.

Cheers,

Branden

1 votes

Indirectly yes.  There is no problem with you uploading a file to a file-store somewhere and then putting a link into a JIRA issue that points to it.

You can't do it as an attachment in JIRA though, the attachment "field" there is only for files attached locally.

Thanks for your prompt response Nic, just for my understanding, How do you put a link between the issues and the files that are in a file-store?

We're in the process to upgrade from server to cloud and the attachements associated with our current jira server projects are more 100GB, so our idea is to keep the attachments on to an external source, Thus in Jira Cloud when required, these attachements can be seen with the respected issues.

Go to an issue, and click "link" - you'll be able to link to another issue, or to a url! 

Obviously, your storage will need to expose the files over a url as well.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,063 views 13 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot