Can JIRA use Office Out of Office

Declan O'Connor July 1, 2015

Is there a plugin or way to use the 'Out of Office' functionality in MS Office so that once a users is assigned or referenced in a Comment, that an 'Out of Office ' notification or comment is created in JIRA?

I looked at the 'Out of Office Assistant' but that requires a user to enter 'Out of Office' in both JIRA and the Office.

I would like to only enter 'Out Of Office' in MS Office but be picked up by JIRA.

2 answers

0 votes
Hazel Elgart August 19, 2015

Before we upgraded from JIRA 6.2 to 6.4 people were able to edit their Name to show out of office.

Example: "Hazel Elgart" can be edited to "Hazel Elgart, ooto ~8/31". It reset to your Active Directory username the next time you logged in. Unfortunately, that's no longer possible. Only a JIRA admin can edit names.

I'm thinking of setting up out of office avatar for people to use-- though that's no good in a text only view.

Does HipChat enable availability mode in Jira? We haven't gotten this far into testing it out.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2015

No plugin for that and creating something like that is very complex due to the nature of the MS Office Calendar

Suggest an answer