Can JIRA send a email notification when an issue has a particular custom field completed?

We would like to use JIRA as part of our problem management process. 

We assign problems a code between 1-5. For problems that arise which are a severity of 3 or higher we would need an email notification to be sent to the manager.

I have set up a optional custom field that a user can fill out what the severity code is. 

Can JIRA be configured to send an email when a JIRA item has that particular field filled out?

I see a similar question asked in the past but can not find information on the Script Runner plugin mentioned

1 answer

You can:

• Setup a  "JIRA Subscription" on which you will configure it to show the issues that you like (e.g. code = 1) and subscribe your managers to it.
  • Use the "JIRA ScriptRunner" to add a post-function "Send a custom email" on where the custom field will contain a value then put a condition on it. Like "code=1" send an email to this people, if "code=2" send email to these people etc...

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

736 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you