Can JIRA report when a user id is selected in a field

Alex Moore August 23, 2016

Use case:

Client is using multiple User Picker fields to "assign" users to development roles on a story in a "FYI you will be needed on this" sort of way. I've been able to write a filter to check those fields for currentUser (), but the PM wants to be able to report on those fields per user.

Desired outcome:

To report the number of issues a user ID is called in and create a report sorted by the user IDs

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2016

Let's say you've added user-picker fields called "Dev resource 1" and "Dev resource 2".  All you should really need is a filter for "dev resource 1 = user A or dev resource 2 = user A".

Reporting is a different matter though, my instinct is that you're not really having a problem finding the issues, more getting information out.  You'll really just want a filter that pulls all the issues, and then push that through a gadget or report. 

Taking a filter for "project = X and resolution = unresolved" is a good start - lists everything outstanding in a project.  So, put that into a dashboard gadget.  A "filter statistics" one with "dev resource 1" selected (and another with "dev resource 2" and the same filter) will give you a list of users with numbers of issues against them.  A "2d filter" might be of use too, maybe with status on an axis.

Alex Moore August 23, 2016

Running this gadgets by customer field rather than user should give my user the info they need. I updated the filter to look for "Dev resource" is not EMPTY instead of multiple filters per user.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer