Can JIRA notify users when an issue is created with a certain priority level?

Miki Yuzawa February 14, 2013

Is there a way to notify JIRA users when an issue is created with a certain priority level? For example, I want notify certain JIRA users when an issue is created with Blocker level in Priority field.

Thanks,

Miki

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2013

Hi Miki,

I think within the Create Step this is not possible. But you could it in your second step .

Add a step (Notify Blocker Creation) from Open (your first step) to Open with Condition priority = Blocker and previous Status condition was not open.

Add an own event (Blocker created) and fire it in that transition.

For your regular steps out of Open add condtions priority not Blocker or Previous Status was open.

Add this Create Blocker event to your Notifiaction Scheme.

So if a blocker is created it has to go through this transition where the Blocker event is fired.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Udo

1 vote
danielwester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2013

You could set up a shared filter and set up a subscription every hour (or less) of new items in the last hour (depending on your frequence).

There are a couple of plugins on the marketplace that does it if you want it to be immediate. Disclaimer: I'm one of the developers for one of them: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.wittified.dynamic-project-nofitication .

danielwester
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2013

Just realized that this was for OnDemand - so the add-ons approach is pretty much out.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2013

@myjura in OnDemand what is possible is it is pretty much what Daniel has mentioned.

0 votes
Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2013

If I am not mistaken, you've asked the same question twice on this forum -

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/136265/can-jira-notify-users-when-priority-field-is-changed

Miki Yuzawa February 14, 2013

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/136265/can-jira-notify-users-when-priority-field-is-changed

--> this question answers how JIRA can notify users when a certain filed is UPDATED. Now, I'd like to know how JIRA can notify users when a ticket is CREATED with priority level with Blocker.

Suggest an answer