Can JIRA Standalone run on AWS?

Adam Grace October 22, 2013

Hi,

I currently have a download instance of JIRA and Confluence running on a server within the company I work for. We're having problems with running it out of this office (politics), and we are thinking moving it to an AWS service, but I want to know if its compatible with them - I assume so?

I don't want to go down the OnDemand road as we started out OnDemand and while it was useful, it was limited in functionality in terms of customisation.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

2 answers

2 votes
Pavel Korsukov January 26, 2015

Hi Adam,

JIRA is absoluttely compatible with the AWS EC2. The only tricky part is the security configuration. For deployment scenarios and production ready configuration in minutes you may wish to use Deploy4Me: https://deploy4me.com/en/install/jira.html

1 vote
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2013

If you get ssh root access to the box, you can do what you like there, incuding deploying your own database. I'd say that the running costs will be higher than you think, and whilst you may be running it out of the office network, thats the only difference, you'll still be reponsible for 'everything'. Lookup some Atlassian Experts in your area, many provide managed hosted instances that give you all the flexibility of Download but without the management overhead (but sure, you'll pay for that)....

Suggest an answer