Can JIRA Standalone run on AWS?

Hi,

I currently have a download instance of JIRA and Confluence running on a server within the company I work for. We're having problems with running it out of this office (politics), and we are thinking moving it to an AWS service, but I want to know if its compatible with them - I assume so?

I don't want to go down the OnDemand road as we started out OnDemand and while it was useful, it was limited in functionality in terms of customisation.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

2 answers

Hi Adam,

JIRA is absoluttely compatible with the AWS EC2. The only tricky part is the security configuration. For deployment scenarios and production ready configuration in minutes you may wish to use Deploy4Me: https://deploy4me.com/en/install/jira.html

If you get ssh root access to the box, you can do what you like there, incuding deploying your own database. I'd say that the running costs will be higher than you think, and whilst you may be running it out of the office network, thats the only difference, you'll still be reponsible for 'everything'. Lookup some Atlassian Experts in your area, many provide managed hosted instances that give you all the flexibility of Download but without the management overhead (but sure, you'll pay for that)....

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,760 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot