Can JIRA OnDemand integrate with/connect to external JIRA instances?

Alistair Granger September 23, 2012

Hi there,

I was wondering if JIRA OnDemand can integrate with an external JIRA instances. Several of our clients operate their own JIRA instances, and would like to automate the process by which some of their issues end up with us.

I've had a look through the plugins and remote system connectors and can't see it so I'm assuming not, unless I've missed something glaringly obvious! Would just like a confirmation either way.

Thanks,

Alistair

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2012

Hi Alistair,

I'm sorry to say that you cannot integrate external applications with OnDemand instances, so this wouldn't be possible to achieve at this stage as external integrations are one of the restricted functions in the OnDemand platform: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

All the best,
John

Alistair Granger September 23, 2012

Thanks for the quick reply John, much appreciated.

Alistair

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2012

I do not have an ondemand account, but can you create a comment with an external url in the comment and have a permanent link to that comment? If so, there might be a kludgy way to simulate a partial solution using comment permanent links. If so, let me know and I will explain my idea then.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2012

It looks like OnDemand does allow issue linking based upon the documentation.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Issue+Linking

Suggest an answer