Can JIRA JQL perform calculations on data?

Richard May 20, 2021

I would like to know if someone can tell me if JQL have the ability to build calculations with the JIRA data.

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2021

JQL is not designed to perform calculations. One option might be Automation depending on your actual requirements. 

Richard May 24, 2021

Where is automation and what is it?  How can I access this?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2021

It appears that you are on server. Which means automation for Jira is not built-in. So you will need an add-on for doing any kind of automation. You could consider automation for Jira , script runner or similar.

Richard May 24, 2021

Where can I access this or download?  

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2021
Richard May 24, 2021

I looked and we don't have that ability to download script runner into our JIRA.  Is there any other way to build calculations into filters then using them \for dashboards?

0 votes
Richard May 25, 2021

Ok I will rework this.  Here is a filter statement.  

project = "Global Treasury Services" AND type in (Story, Bug) AND fixVersion in ("CR220 - May 16, 2020 Release") ORDER BY issuetype DESC, key AS

All I want to do now is add that if the Labels field contains "UAT Testable"  Then return those only the work requests that meet the criteria before this statement and also if the text "UAT Testable" is contained within the Labels field.  Can someone please help? 

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2021

Suggest an answer