Can Issue Navigator display data that comes from another Issue Type?

THOMAS SEBASTIAN July 17, 2014

We have a request from business to create a filter that enables them to list all the open issues however with a really special request: to be able to see information from another Issue Type.

So we have this Issue Type A and B where all issues under B needs to have a connection or related to A. The issues under A are static - meaning they never change, since we are using it for some sort of a source document pool.

Now the filter is showing the list of issues under B however the request is to show few additional columns that are derived from A - depending on which issue it is connected to. Is there a way to somehow do this?

The simplest way would be to have the issues under B populated with the columns from A (using Behaviour plugin for example) however it means the fields need to be predetermined and would be troublesome if additional columns need to be displayed.

I know it's an odd request but I'm sure someone has thought of this in the past. Any suggestions?

Let me know if the description is unclear.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2014

Jira doesn't support this off the shelf because

• It's very counter intuitive - where I've done it, it's quickly led to complaints about the data being unrelated - users constantly saying "I've got X on my issue but I can't edit it"
  • It's very hard to define a generalised solution that will work for all customers

The way you can do it is with derived fields (often scripted if you've got the Script Runner addon). You add a field to the issues you want to display data, and put code behind the fields that reads links (or whatever else you need) and displays the required data.

Suggest an answer