Can I watch a JIRA issue without being notified of my own comments?

Michael Sugrue May 18, 2017

I use the confluence in-tray to track JIRA issue updates. However when I make a comment on an issue it also appears in my confluence in tray. Any way I can turn off notifications of my own activity?

1 answer

0 votes
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2017

Hi Michael, 

it's a setting in your user profile preferences: My changes: Do not notify me.

Cheers,

Kirstin

Michael Sugrue May 18, 2017

Hi Kirstin,

Thank you for your response.

I've just checked my JIRA user profile and the setting is as you describe (i.e. "My changes: Do not notify me").

I notice the caption for this setting also says "Whether to email notifications". It's actually excess Confluence Notifications, rather than emails, that I'm seeing.

My apologies if I confused things by using the term "in-tray".
Thanks again for your help.

Michael

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2017

Confluence doesn't have a function to disable notifications like JIRA does, so I'm afraid you're stuck for now.

I believe there's an outstanding enhancement request for this though, so it might happen.

Like Michael Sugrue likes this

Suggest an answer