Can I view issues slated for the same version, but are contained in different projects?

rsud December 18, 2015

Our "fix version/s" is comprised of issues from our backlog (contained in Project 1) and issues arising out of our production environment (contained in Project 2). 

We just upgraded to JIRA Software 7, and are excited about using Boards for ranking and sprint planning.

However, when I expand the VERSIONS tab on the left side of a Scrum board, I see that the issues belonging to the same version, are divided across 2 projects.

It is not desirable to plan sprints for each project, when in effect, the issues belong to the same version.

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2015

There's no easy way to manage multi-project version planning within the Software Rapidboards, no.

I'm interested to hear why you have separate projects releasing the same versions, it's an interesting use-case but it's not new...

rsud December 21, 2015

The use case is: We have 2 concurrent projects - a development project, and a support project. Every release builds a backlog of issues from both projects.

Suggest an answer