Can I use the REST API Plugin to edit issues

Hi

Can I sue the REST API Plugin in On Demand to edit issues such as add a custom field to exisiting issues.

Regards

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Showkat,

If I understand your request you would like to edit existing issues including those with custom fields. An example message to update assignee, priority and 2 custom fields for the issue QA-31 would be :

curl -D- -u fred:fred -X PUT --data {see below} -H "Content-Type: application/json" http://kelpie9:8081/rest/api/2/issue/QA-31

example input data

{
"fields":
{
"summary":"CLONE - Testing label stuff",
"assignee":{"name":"harry"},
"priority":{"id":"2"},
"customfield_10010":["asdf","centre","champs","charge","confluence"],
"customfield_10071":["purple pants"]
}
}

There are a lot of other great examples of JIRA REST API available from here:

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+REST+API+Example+-+Edit+issues

Thanks,

Paul

You most certainly can :)

Thanks. Paul.,. I did come across the web link..

Just wasn't sure if I am allowed to edit any issues in On demand using this process

Regards

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,981 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot