Can I use one login for all clients using Jira?

Lisa Nichols December 19, 2013

We've just started using Jira internally, so I created a login to check it out. Now, a consultant I am working with sent me a link to join a new project, but I can't login in via the sign-up page. I get an error saying my email address is already taken. But if I try to login and then access the consultant's project, it doesn't recognize that I was invited to the project. Actually, I can't find it at all, since it is private.The only way to access the new project seems to be by setting up a new account.

Is there a way for me to switch back and forth between dashboards using the account I have already set up? Or do I need to use other email addresses when consultants or clients invite me to new projects, creating new accounts for each instance? I'm sure this is out here somewhere, but I tried searching and couldn't find an answer. Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Lisa

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aseem Parikh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2013

Are you trying to access a different project within the same JIRA instance? If this is the case, the admin for the other project needs to give you permission to use that project.

If you're trying to access multiple, disconnected JIRA instances then you'll have to have a separate account on each instance.

Suggest an answer