Can I use Microsoft Active Directory Certificate as a valid certificate for HTTPS

Eric Cheng May 13, 2017

Hi,

I want to enable the SSO which integrate with ADFS server. I have found the guidline about the HTTPS setting on JIRA & Confluence:

Running JIRA applications over SSL or HTTPS

Running Confluence Over SSL or HTTPS

I tried to follow the steps (of course I want to use the certificate which generated by Microsoft ADCS service) and setup the HTTPS.

Even I have setup and page run successfully, I still cannot link up two applications now?

Since the guidline is very unclear about the CA-selfed certificate import on it, may I know does any methodology about the HTTPS setting on JIRA & Confluence (with ADCS certificate) as well? 

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2017

I understand you cannot establish application links between JIRA and Confluence since you implemented SSL. The probable cause is that the applications' certificates have not been imported into each other's trust stores. This is the file that holds the certs trusted by the Java instance that each application is running in. There are more details and instructions in:

Connecting to LDAP or JIRA applications or Other Services via SSL

Suggest an answer