Can I use Jira for accounting.

3riple4our August 16, 2022

We are a small accounting house (8 people) and I still can't figure out if I can use Jira to organize our work. I'm completely new and I'm a bit lost and overwhelmed with all the options. Any suggestions on how I can use it and what is the best way to use it? Thanks in advance!

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2022

Hi @3riple4our and welcome to the community!

Of course you can use Jira for accounting, but it really depends on what kind of work you want to use Jira for. E.g. you could create a workflow for all invoices from when you receive it from your client till when you enter it within your system. Or you could use Jira to note down repetitive task you do for all your clientelle.

But above all, I would think of Jira as a mean to automate things, collaborate with others and reduce heavy work.

Alex

1 vote
Answer accepted
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2022

Hi @3riple4our 

You can yes! However you wouldn't want to put client data or PMI information in it, but just for tasks you can

I may recommend Trello though as it's a little easier for small group to manage and configure if you're team isn't very technical. Jira allows more flexibility but is harder to manage.

Best,
Clark

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events