Can I use JIRA internal directory and Crowd in parallel with different user base?

Roland A. July 17, 2012

I wonder if I could use a JIRA 100user license and a crowd 50 user licencse togehter with having the users who need SSO with other apps in Crowd, while the JIRA only users are in the Internal Directory?

Having JIRA set up this way, results in users who are set up in the JIRA Internal Directory are not able to log in (wrong password).

We have JIRA 5.1 and Crowd 2.4.0

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2012

Hi there,

JIRA internal directory would be ignored once Crowd SSO authenticator is turned on, hence no internal user would be able to log-in. Actually this is by design as describe here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CWD-2535

Hope it clarifies.

Cheers,

Septa Cahyadiputra

0 votes
David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2012

Going by my memory, the user licenses between JIRA/Crowd does not need to match.

Is it possible you have usernames that clash or exist in both the Internal and Crowd? If so, you'll need to ensure the order of the directories are configured correctly in JIRA so that it auths against Crowd first before trying the Internal.

Suggest an answer