It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can I use JIRA internal directory and Crowd in parallel with different user base?

I wonder if I could use a JIRA 100user license and a crowd 50 user licencse togehter with having the users who need SSO with other apps in Crowd, while the JIRA only users are in the Internal Directory?

Having JIRA set up this way, results in users who are set up in the JIRA Internal Directory are not able to log in (wrong password).

We have JIRA 5.1 and Crowd 2.4.0

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi there,

JIRA internal directory would be ignored once Crowd SSO authenticator is turned on, hence no internal user would be able to log-in. Actually this is by design as describe here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CWD-2535

Hope it clarifies.

Cheers,

Septa Cahyadiputra

Going by my memory, the user licenses between JIRA/Crowd does not need to match.

Is it possible you have usernames that clash or exist in both the Internal and Crowd? If so, you'll need to ensure the order of the directories are configured correctly in JIRA so that it auths against Crowd first before trying the Internal.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Calling all Jira Cloud users! Give us feedback on our exploration of a new navigation.

Hi everyone! My name’s Matt and I’m a product manager at Atlassian. I work in the navigation & findability space for all our Jira Cloud products. We’ve been working on trying to improve the exp...

968 views 15 12
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you