Can I use Atlassian Connector for Visual Studio with jira on demand?

John Buron January 7, 2013

If so how do I install/Enable it?

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2013

Unfortunately you cannot. Atlassian OnDemand comes with a set of bundled plugins. Customers are not permitted to install new plugins or remove existing plugins.

Neither the trial nor the full OnDemand instance allow plugins beyond the standard set Atlassian have chosen to deploy. Some of these are free and active by default, others you need to pay for and get activated. (Nic, Aug 22 2012)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Managing+JIRA's+Plugins

Please also refer to atlassian plugin policy

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Atlassian+OnDemand+Plugin+Policy

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/79858/on-demand-plugins

Rahul

1 vote
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2013

The Atlassian Connector for Visual Studio is a Visual Studio plugin that uses the remote APIs of the applications. Since the remote APIs are available in OnDemand, is is possible to use this with OnDemand.

0 votes
Mark Cassar July 15, 2014

I managed to work with Atlassian OnDemand, so it does work!

0 votes
Yoni Cohen November 3, 2013

Marco os Michael, Any updates on this?

Thanks,

Yoni

0 votes
Yoni Cohen November 3, 2013

Marco or Michael, Any updates on this?

Thanks,

Yoni

0 votes
Marco De Gregorio April 26, 2013

hello Michael, because of your answer I was led to believe that it was compatible.

Even if in the add-on page it says: "This add-on is not available for OnDemand customers. Request for OnDemand".

I tried the latest stable release with Visual Studio 2012 and it wasn't able to retrieve any issue. It would give errors saying:

"Field 'fixVersion' does not exist or this field cannot be viewed by anonymous users"

And more errors, so it is not even possible to see the issues.

Without changing any configuration I installed the latest snapshot version and it was able to see the issues. However, it gives error on ANY action (and I'm using the Jira administrator account, so it's not a permission issue).

The only thing it was able to change was the description of an issue. But changing status, adding comment, or any other function doesn't work. It is effectively unusable.

So, finally, is Jira on-demand OFFICIALLY supported or not?

Also do you know when you will have plugins version 3 released for on-demand? that could ease the pain thanks to third party plugins.

I like your products in general. But in the current status Atlassian products (especially on-demand) I have seen that they are just not a good fit for a Microsoft development team..

what do you think?

Suggest an answer