Can I upgrade JIRA from 4.2 to 5.2 without upgrading the installed Confluence?

Munteanu Mihai-Ovidiu December 11, 2013

Can I upgrade JIRA from 4.2 to 5.2 without upgrading the installed Confluence?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2013

Ok, good, then yes, you should be able to upgrade Jira quite a bit, while leaving Confluence as it is.

My worry was that you might be using Jira's user database for Confluence users - if you take Jira higher than 4.2, you have to upgrade Confluence to 3.5 first (or do a really dodgy hack in the Confluence code...)

Be sure to check your target version of Crowd supports Confluence 3.4 AND your target version of Jira.

0 votes
Munteanu Mihai-Ovidiu December 12, 2013

OK, Nic... Thank you very much! The version of Crowd should be supported because it has just been upgraded! Thanks again, it was very helpfull!

0 votes

3.4.9 is my Confluence version! And user access is done with Crowd!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2013

Possibly. What exactly is your version of Confluence, and how are you doing user access? (Crowd/LDAP/Jira database/other)

0 votes

I am trying an upgrade of JIRA. My actual version is 4.2.4 and I want a newer version (newer than 5.2). But I want to use the same version of Confluence (3.x - as it is now), because I don't want to pay again the plugins for confluence (they are more expensive than the ones for JIRA).

Suggest an answer