Can I update a customer field based on a keyword in a comment?

Daniel F September 18, 2019

Hello,

I have a customer field (eg. customer reference number) and the value is not known until it´s added as a comment. My quesion would be if I could set up automatization ( I have the Automatization plug-in added) or any rule for it that as soon as this value added to a comment, it would be copied and added as a value to the customer field (as customer reference number). The comments are received via e-mail via E-Mail this issue. I´m using Jira Service Desk Server. 

I appreciate your help!

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2019

Which Automation addon? You will need to look at the documentation for the addon you have. I know that Automation for Jira has a function for parsing comments.

Daniel F September 18, 2019

I´ve Automatization for Jira addon.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2019

I use the same addon and had a quick look at being able to assess contents of comments but was not able to immediately figure it out. May not be supported but for some reason I recall seeing this. I would recommend reaching out to Codebarrel support directly an inquire about this or review their documentation.

Suggest an answer