Can I translate the field CONTENT in JIRA?

Kylex October 23, 2014

Hi,

I know I can translate the field descriptions of any JIRA field, but I don't know if it's possible to translate the content of those fields.

I work for a german company and we have kind of a self made issue tracking regarding our bugs and new features that should be visible to the outside. We adopted JIRA recently and are starting to work with it but not for those issues which contain information for our customers. We don't use JIRA for that task because we need to provide an english translation for at least the summary and description of the issues.

My idea now is to use JIRA for that task as well. Do the normal issue work in JIRA and once it's done, move the issue to a "public project" which hides the private only fields and our development commentaries from our customers.

That would probably work but I don't know a way to display an issue in two languages. We could probably use custom fields for "german documentation" and "english documentation" and hide one or the other depending on the current locale with a plugin, but the headline/summary of the issue would still be in german.

TLDR;/So my question is: Is there a way to translate the field content (summary, description, comments etc.) inside of jira? Plugin, JQL?

Kind regards,

Steffen

3 answers

1 vote
Justin Justin October 24, 2014

This plugin will translate JIRA content for you - http://www.appfusions.com/display/SPLMYLJ/Home 

0 votes
Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 9, 2021

Hello,

It's been forever since you asked this question, but I thought this would be interesting for you or any users with a similar problem.

You can translate summary, descriptions, and all customer-agent communications in Jira Service Management cloud with Ticket Translations for JSM.

I wonder whether that would accommodate your use case?

For full disclosure, the app is developed by resolution, my employer.

0 votes
Juan Felipe Cardona
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2014

Hello

One options you could try is using the description field for each of your fields. There your could just explain what the issue is in your language.

Suggest an answer