Can I transit from one status to any other?

Sebastian Huzik July 9, 2015

So the thing is I would like to have "Blocked" status which is global one, and at the same time I would like to users be able move from it to any other status in workflow.

Is there a neat way to do it without making separate transition for each status?

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 vote
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2015

Sebastian,

You can create a Global Transition for that. Just take a look at the step-by-step details in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+workflow+configuration#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-common_transitions wink

-- Pedro

Sebastian Huzik July 9, 2015

Thanks! Sorry for not being very clear, but I want to have something opposite not All -> Status but Status -> All. Is this even possible?

Jos Krause July 9, 2015

Hey Sebastian, Personally I have not been able to find any way to to this neatly, meaning without having to go through each transition. If there is such a feature, they must've hidden it very well :] I'm not an expert, but as far as I know you would indeed need to create these transitions for each status :(

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2015

This is not possible. You'd have to create multiple transition to achieve what you want to accomplish 

Suggest an answer