Can I transfer my ondemand jira database to a downloaded version on my server?

Adam Grace December 5, 2012

Hi,

due to a few troublesome restrictions with the otherwise fantastic OnDemand version of JIRA, I am wanting to swap the OnDemand version with a Download version of my Atlassian suite.

I wanted to know if I can keep the projects and information I currently have in my JIRA and Confluence databases and move them over to the downloaded version?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Adam

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2012

Hi Adam,

Yes, this should be OK, and you can refer to this documentation . Unfortuantly this week we hit this new bug

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-30814

But this should be fixed on Monday to restore the normal functionalitt as before.

Hope this helps!

Adam Grace December 5, 2012

Thanks Razaq.

I'll likely do this in the new year anyway as it's into holiday season now, and no one is in the office really :)

Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2012

That should be fixed then, and hopefully you'll be able to follow the document without trouble. But if anything happens, you know our support guys are on standby :)

Suggest an answer