Can I streamline field information between issues through JQL?

Johann Pinga January 19, 2016

e.g. I want the same status of both tickets that relate to each other without manually inputting data between both. 

Would it be possible to extract values and information through using JQL within a field?  

3 answers

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2016

It looks like you need a post function which will update linked issues. 

The easies way to acheve this - use scropt post function provided Script Runner. Is it suitable for you to use this plugin (free for JIRA 6)?

0 votes
Johann Pinga January 19, 2016

okay, status was a bad example, say there is information in the status field I want to streamline to another ticket, because they relative; one is for BA context, the other ticket is a Dev context.

Relate as it they are linked, either it was 'cause by', 'blocked by' , 'caused by', etc.

I want to ensure both teams are updated with certain pieces of information on an issue, so if the dev team change the status of that issue, is there a way to have an automated process where the BA team would also have updated information without the manual entry of data, simply streamlined. 

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2016

Do not understand you question.

So, you have two tickets with the same status. What do you mean that it relate it each other?

Suggest an answer