Can I stop customers from creating a new ticket?

Sammaël Morgenstern July 24, 2017

Can I stop customers from creating a new ticket if they already have a previous ticket which is open? (with the same request type, or summary, or whatever? I use Service Desk Cloud

I have customers creating 100 tickets for the same issue when they get desperate when not receiving resolution.

Thank you for your response.

2 answers

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2017

Hi,

I had this requirement, what we do:

1. agree with the business users the criteria to consider a ticket as a duplicate
  2. apply that criteria in a script listener that listens to the creation event of an issue and then transition the new issue as a subtask of the open issue and close it.

but.. there's a lot of ways to handle this

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2017

He's in the cloud. Does it support listeners?

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2017

Joe,

With scriptrunner for cloud you can

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2017

If you have more than one or two customers like that you may have a problem with your process to update users or tickets. Anything you would match on they will figure it out and circumvent it.  When I was doing support we had a requirement to update every issue at least once a week if it was only to say something like 'no update', 'waiting on customer information', etc. 

Sammaël Morgenstern July 25, 2017

So you mean to say that it's better to configure a "schedule" rule... 

Suggest an answer