Can I still add new non-ldap users after configuring SSO login with LDAP?

Prashanth Batchu March 2, 2021

Say we configure our JIRA instance with LDAP. Would we still be able to add new users who don't exist in LDAP or can we allow new user registration local to JIRA (without syncing these users with LDAP)?

Also, can we allow SSO login through two different LDAP systems?

1 answer

2 votes
Ashwini_More _miniOrange March 2, 2021

Hi Prashanth,

This can be achieved through the SSO.

Yes, a new user can be created in the internal directory, and users from both directories can log in using SSO or local credentials.

You can connect any number of directories (AD/LDAP) to JIRA, and the user will be created in the directory with read-write permissions and on top order in the directory list. 

Are you currently using any SSO App? If not I would like to recommend the SSO app from miniOrange which will satisfy your requirements.

Please refer to the below features of the addon for details.

Just In Time Provisioning- which allows you to create the new user in Jira Local Directory with IDP Profile at the time of SSO. On top of it, you can also assign groups and permissions as well.

Multiple IDP Provisioning- This feature allows you to create more than one SSO app which can be connected to 2 different IDPs.

You can also reach out to atlassiansupport@xecurify.com or raise a request here to get more details.

PS: I work for miniOrange one of the top SSO vendors in the Atlassian Marketplace, the vendor referred here.

Suggest an answer