Can I show Epics from other projects in the Scrum Backlog?

JRob June 28, 2016

I have a Scrum Backlog with two projects in it. My Epics are in one project and my Stories are in the other project. My Epics do now show up in the Scrum Backlog neither under the Epics Pane nor in the text for each issue in the Backlog.

How do I get these Epics to show on the Scrum Backlog?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Dzido
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2016

yes. Update filter query for your board (General pane in the board configuration)

0 votes
Yousuf Muneer August 28, 2016

I am also experiencing the same issue, I have one project with epics and other project with tasks and stories. If anyone can help with some details or a sample query that will be appreciated. Thanks

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2016

The default Scrum Board query looks something like this – 

project = ABC ORDER BY Rank ASC

To add a second project to the query, you could modify it like so – 

project = ABC OR project = DEF ORDER BY Rank ASC
project in (ABC, DEF) ORDER BY Rank ASC
Yousuf Muneer September 18, 2016

Thanks Steven Behnke! It works.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2016

Glad I could help. smile

foldeslaszlo September 5, 2019

This will show every possible task from the other projects as well on the board, which is clutter.

I want to show tasks from project ABC and only when linked in an epic, show tasks from DEF, but otherwise do not show tasks from DEF.

Like # people like this
Joel Dale August 20, 2020

You can tag the epic and use that as a filter. I tried looking into auto detecting parent/child relationships but that didn't look like it was supported.

The only trouble by including another project into your filter is you can't close your sprints unless you are an admin on both projects. 

Like JRob likes this
0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2016

What are the names of the two projects? What does the Board Query look like?

Suggest an answer