Can I share sprints between scrum boards?

Flow Pilots September 16, 2012

I'd like to have multiple views on the same set of sprints (different boards used for different user roles). Is this possible?

6 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2012

Absolutely, this works today. The board decides what sprints exist based on the sprints that are attached to the issues included in the board's filter. For example, if you have two boards with the same filter they will see the same sprints but can be configured with different swimlanes, filters etc.

Thanks,
Shaun

Flow Pilots September 17, 2012

Great, so the filter is the thing that determines the sharing. Excellent, thanks!

Eric Lin January 9, 2013

I created two scrum boards using the same filter. I then created a sprint in one of them but it doesn't show up in the other. What am I missing?

Like markfurtak likes this
Eugene Kunda February 17, 2020

Is it possible to configure different worklfow (JIRA statuses) for 2 boards sharing the same filter?

2 votes
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

Absolutely, a board discovers which sprints exist by looking for all the issues that match the board's filter then looking at the sprint field. If board A includes issues that are in a sprint also shown on a board B then the sprint will be shown on both A and B.

The only exception to this is 'future sprints', these are just points in the backlog at the moment (they don't actually own any issues or change the sprint field). We'd like to change this in the future.

Cheers,
Shaun

Jason Spangler February 4, 2013

Is there a JIRA in the Atlassian JIRA for changing the following?

"The only exception to this is 'future sprints', these are just points in the backlog at the moment (they don't actually own any issues or change the sprint field). We'd like to change this in the future."

Does this mean sprints created on one board that aren't currently active won't show up on another board with the same filter? This is what I need - so I can have one board that shows everything (active and future sprints) for the project, and then boards for each individual scrum that show only their active and future sprints.

1 vote
Leopold van Lynden December 2, 2020

@Anna Kinasiewicz @eric lin I think I found a way you can share future sprints across boards. We have a "Sprint Planner" scrum board which includes all sprints (including future) and all Teams. We also created a Team field in JIRA to match AR by using this tutorial -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE2HIZpJKxg&feature=emb_logo

Then we created separate Scrum boards for each team. If you go back to your master board, and assign a task into a future sprint AND assign the team - when you go to the team specific board, the future sprint will show up and be shared. You can then add any other tasks in the board to that future sprint. 

For our set up, that worked, hope it helps. 

0 votes
Anna Kinasiewicz July 28, 2020

"The only exception to this is 'future sprints', these are just points in the backlog at the moment (they don't actually own any issues or change the sprint field). We'd like to change this in the future." 

Is this possible now? 

Leopold van Lynden November 27, 2020

I'd also like to know if this is possible now as it's fairly crucial to Advanced Roadmaps set up as far as I can work out. Anyone know? Thanks.

Like Mark Noyce likes this
0 votes
Wahid Alimi January 7, 2016

Is it possible to see items (i.e., user stories, issues, etc.) from multiple projects in the same sprint? 

Thanks.  

Manohar Goli (Dnfcs)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2019

yes it is.. you need to configure board using a filter. 

0 votes
Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2012

If you working on the same backlog, it seems to be possible with parallel sprints in GH 6.0.3:

* https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/GreenHopper+6.0.3+Release+Notes#GreenHopper6.0.3ReleaseNotes-Parallelsprints

However, it still undergo development and may be further change or tweak in future release. You need to enable it in greenhopper labs to start testing it:

• Administration > Plugins > Greenhopper > Greenhopper labs
Flow Pilots September 16, 2012

That's not quite what I'm looking for. I want people to work on the same sprints, on different boards. The parallel sprints feature seems to allow different sprints on the same board.

Suggest an answer