Can I set up email notifications for version releases?

tyler newman August 16, 2012

I'd like to setup a workflow step where when an unreleased Version moves to Released, an email notification is fired off to all users within a project role.

All signs point to needing to customize some xml to make this happen, but I feel like this should theoretically be easier. Yet, I can't find a way to make workflow customizations above the Issue level. If I have to write custom XML for this, that's above my level of JIRA-fu.

Am I missing something obvious (I'd even settle for non-obvious)?

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2012

You can't do anything on onDemand instance. In the downloaded version, you could have written a listener to achieve this!

Manually sending email to everyone in project role looks like the only way in onDemand!

tyler newman August 16, 2012

That is really a shame. Seems like most companies would want a feature like this, so that folks know what's gone out the door. Our Support guys always complain "we're the last to know", so it would be awesome to automatically send the release notes and version in an email. Oh well..

Thanks for the info!

SA July 20, 2016

Is this feature (Email notifications for version releases) available now OR still can't do this ?

Suggest an answer