Can I set an external user to watch an issue?

Hugo Eduardo Loureiro Amadeu May 8, 2013

Hi!

Is it possible to set an external user to watch an issue?

Version: OnDemand

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marlon Aguiar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2013

Hi Hugo,

If you are referring to email accounts that are not from users in JIRA that's not currently possible. We actually have a open improvement request regarding this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-7864

I strongly recommend you to vote for it (so it increases it priority), add yourself as a watcher (in order to get updates) and if you have the time please add a brief comment so our DEVs can get the customer point of view on how this should be implemented.

Hope this information helps!

Regards,
Marlon

Thank you Marlon!

I'll vote the improvement and write a comment about my needs.

Regards

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2013

If you have the Manage Watchers permission on the project you can add new watchers to an issue.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Watching+and+Voting+on+an+Issue#WatchingandVotingonanIssue-Issuewatching

What would be an external user in this context?

An external user means a user that doesn't have access to the system, but is able to receive notifications about the issue treatment.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2013

User has to have access to Jira in order to be a watcher of the issue since you add user name to watchers and not mails.

Suggest an answer