Can I send email notifications using trial version of Codebarrel automation add-on?

Sameer Kataria November 6, 2016

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2016

Hi Sameer,

Yes that should work just fine.  The paid version of Automation for JIRA doesn't impose any limits during the trial. You can simpy add the 'Email action' to your automation rules.

Cheers,

Andreas

Sameer Kataria November 6, 2016

Thanks for the quick response Andreas.

I have configured a new rule and tested sending a simple email (Action) on an Issue Update (When) on Component change (If).

I do see that the rule was triggered in the 'Project Automation Audit Log' but the email was not sent out. We have SMTP configured; is there any other configuration required?

andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2016

Hi Sameer,

Does the Audit log contain an entry specifying that the e-mail was sent successfully?  Can you check if the mail went to your email client's spam folder perhaps? We've seen this reported once or twice before - still trying to see if there's anything we can do from our side to avoid spam filters, but it's a bit of a dark art trying to figure out why some spam filters pick up our e-mails as spam. 

Cheers,

Andreas

Sameer Kataria November 8, 2016

Hi Andreas,

I did figure it out; it is because as you suggested, the email was going to spam. Sorted now. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Sameer.

Suggest an answer