Can I see all issues assigned to me across multiple JIRA instances on one dashboard?

Max Diener February 9, 2018

Hi Community,

Our organization has two instances of JIRA for two different business units. Part of this is due to some non-disclosure/security concerns. 

Some of our employees are assigned tasks in each instance of JIRA. We have already linked the two instances so that a user can switch between the two. However, it would be ideal if I could have a dashboard which shows me all tasks assigned to me, regardless of source instance.

Anyone know if this is possible? I have seen lots of third party apps that allow for issue linking, but nothing that expressly addresses a need for a dashboard widget that will reference projects in multiple instances. The closest that I have seen so far would be something like Backbone for JIRA, linking all issues, and then creating a filter that references the appropriate project.

Thanks!

4 answers

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2018

I think it is called federating Jira instances. You can read more info here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/federating-jira-managing-multiple-instances-461504624.html

1 vote
Charly [DEISER]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2018
0 votes
Andrey Dekhtyar _Rozdoum_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 22, 2018

Hey @Max Diener 

As for Carlos's advice with WatchTower as vendor behind it can add  - you can issues on one board from Cloud and Server instances. You define source with your credential and JQL to pull issues - that's it. There after UX is similar to usual Agile board you used to

Regards

Andrey

Rozdoum Team

Roy Schumacher September 9, 2019

thanks for the hint

0 votes
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2018

Hey @Max Diener

I am not aware of any way to do this. 

The Backbone for Jira add-on does look to be the closest way possible.

But if there is non-disclosure/security concerns, I don't see where having this functionality would be approved of anyway.

It would be cool to see if anyone can come up with a way, just for curiosity reasons. 

Max Diener February 9, 2018

Hi Brittany, thanks for the reply. Bummer that you don't know of anything, but I will update if I come across a good solution.

Our executives and project managers have responsibilities in both organizations and have the required clearance to view all issues, so I'm after a way to make sure they only need to view one dash to see all tasks. I know some will forget to check their second dashboard :)

Like mohit dogra likes this
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2018

I just got confirmation that it's not possible. Since they are diff db's maybe you could try doing something with geckoboard or something similar. 

https://www.geckoboard.com/

Just a thought. 

Suggest an answer