Can I search or sort Issues by Issue Type?

Is there a way to either search or sort issues by Issue Type? That seems like the most basic of features, but I can't figure out a way or find any information on it anywhere. I am trying to troubleshoot problems with epics not showing up and would like to be able to view all of the epic together.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Laura,

1. Go to the Issue Navigator (under the Issues-tab and select Search for Issues)
  2. Select the field Type in the dropdown list in you filter. This should open up a select list of all issuetypes in you instance (if you have selected a project as well the list will be limited to the issue types defined in the project)
  3. Select Epic and then hit Search
  4. You can also do this in Advanced mode with a piece of JQL
    issuetype = Epic

I hope this helped!

Kind regards,

// Svante

as an addition:

to sort your issues just click the column header for the search item you want to sort by if you are using basic mode.

In advanced mode (JQL) you add ORDER BY at the end of your JQL statement

E.g. status = New ORDER BY issuetype ASC

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching for more details in JQL searching. It is a great page!

This widget could not be displayed.

Thank you! Indeed, I was in Advanced mode and didn't realize it. Feeling silly, but glad it was an easy solution!

You should accept Svante's answer!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

78 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you