Can I run Jira 7 using Jelastic?

maddotpink January 22, 2016

I've read instructions for installing older versions of JIRA using a Tomcat container with Jelastic, but it involves creating a WAR file manually and uploading it. Any suggestions?

2 answers

0 votes
maddotpink January 25, 2016

These are the instructions for Jelastic using an older version of JIRA:

http://blog.jelastic.com/2012/11/20/issue-tracking-in-the-cloud-how-to-deploy-jira-to-jelastic/

Essentially, you select a Tomcat server, a MySQL DB, and then upload the WAR to the site. 

But as of version 7, the WAR version is no longer offered for download.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2016

Ok, skip the "download WAR and Tomcat" bit and just install a standard JIRA

maddotpink January 25, 2016

I'm not sure what you mean. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2016

Download JIRA, log into the server, and install it as per instructions.  You can't deploy a WAR any more (or if you have to, you will have to download it and install it, then convert from a deployed application back to a WAR)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2016

A standard JIRA install is a Tomcat with a pre-installed and configured JIRA inside it.  I don't think you'll need a WAR distribution to do this, but it would be best to avoid changing anything inside a standard install if possible.  What do you need to change to make it work with a WAR?

Suggest an answer